Sunday, November 25, 2012

How to Make a Doll Restaurant - The Furniture

The Furniture
The Chairs...
 I made the chairs our of cardboard and paper mache, but I didn't want to paper mache everything.















The Tables...
I made the patio tables with liqueur glasses I found at Value Village. I liked the stems, I thought they would be perfect for table legs.


And coasters for tabletops, see I'm not just about cardboard and paper mache. 







For the inside tables, I got some cardboard and wrapped wooden pieces around it, then stained the wood. Plus the toy blocks I found at a garage sale this past summer was used for the legs, I painted them silver.
I love how the tables turned out.









I will post more pictures of the finished restaurant tomorrow. I hope you don't mind all the postings, one after another, I should really post the pics as I go along, so I don't pile them up at the end... I kept putting it off, but I do want to start blogging on a more regular basis, at least three times a week would be perfect. I do have other projects on the go that I would love to share with you.

Please don't forget to vote for us for 'top 100 doll sites' above on the right. Thank you so much for those who have and have left really nice comments. You guys are so awesome, I wish I could hug every one of you... sorry I don't mean to sound creepy... :) You can vote as often as you like to I think, so please keep voting :)

Thank you
:)


3 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: your creations are gorgeous. I am nothing skillful. I'm going to copy the cups with coasters. I will do my Barbies elegant tables. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how cute everything is. What a cool idea to use the wine glasses as tables! They are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-so-Beautiful! Its so good to have girl child.. They have so many things to do.

    ReplyDelete